At Your Fingertips: How Workplace Laws are Impacting Biometrics
“Biometrics — the process of turning personal biological characteristics into quantifiable data — is no longer merely the stuff of science fiction novels and movies. Throughout the past decade, biometrics has transitioned from its Hollywood origins into everyday life. Today, fingerprint readers, voice identification software, and facial recognition devices feature in a growing number of workplaces. Employers in a variety of sectors now use biometrics to enhance workplace security and manage employee performance and attendance.”
Check out this on-demand webinar on biometrics in the workplace hosted by Andrew Ebejer, Sherrard Kuzz LLP and Jeff Crews, Actual iD.
This session is intended to help an employer contemplating the implementation of biometrics, by identifying ways in which biometric technology can enhance legal compliance with employment standards legislation without violating individual privacy and human rights protections.
• Latest biometric systems and how businesses are using them
• The business case for biometrics
• How biometrics can help a workplace achieve and maintain compliance with employment standards obligations
• The limits of privacy rights and human rights
• Best practices for workplace biometrics.